What are the findings from the lipid profile test?

My lipid panel results are..Total chol.148..Trys 160..hdl 52 and ldl 48...I also had a non-hdl chol of 100..what is non-hdl And is that a good range?..Thanks
Posted Sat, 1 Feb 2014 in Weight
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Well Maintained Detailed Answer: Dear Friend. Hi , I am Dr Anshul Varshney , I have read your query in detail , I understand your concern. I appreciate your Lipid profile. Non-HDL cholesterol is approximately your total cholesterol minus your HDL "good cholesterol." Here's the formula: Non-HDL Cholesterol = Total Cholesterol – HDL Cholesterol. Your level of non-HDL may predict your risk of cardiovascular disease even better than your LDL "bad" cholesterol I can see and appreciate that you have well maintained your cholesterol figures. Continue the efforts you are doing to maintain this. This is my personal opinion based on details available here. If you still have any query you may please ask me. Stay Healthy. Dr Anshul Varshney , MD