What are the findings from the lipid profile test?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Apr 2014
Apr 2014
Excellent

Radiologist
Question
I am doing this for a friend, he wants to know the status of his health and what things he should take it to consideration. please check the attached file I have attached the file
Posted Tue, 28 Jan 2014 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 9 hours later
Brief Answer: He is suffering from Dyslipidemia and liver injury Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX Thanks for writing back I have gone through the reports. According to the reports,your friend has dyslipidemia(Altered lipid profile) and high ALT,AST and uric acid.His lipid profile is mildly increased from normal upper range. High AST and ALT is due to liver injury and it might has been caused by deposition of fat within the liver cells. He need Ultrasound of abdomen to detect deposition of fat with in the liver cells. He should increase his physical activity and need to change in diet. He should avoid saturated & trans fat,red meat,high fat dairy products. Take lot of fruits and vegetables in the diet. He should avoid smoking and alcohol,if he take these things. I think he will be benefited from these measures. He should have follow up Lipid profile after six weeks.If result doesn't improve with diet and life style changes then he will need medicines. Tablet Atorvastatin 10 mg should be given at night after dinner. Tablet Ursodeoxycholoic acid 300 mg twice daily should be given for three months.It will help in regeneration of liver cells. If uric acid doesn't come in follow up reports then drugs can be added for this problem also. Get well soon. Hope i have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX

Follow-up: What are the findings from the lipid profile test? 7 hours later
Thank you for your information is very informative but would you mind pointing out the problems and solution is a very simple way... a very basic way to understand it, and I would like to know did you receive the attachment by email or in this chat? I am not expecting a lot of writing from you...

Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 18 hours later
Brief Answer: Found the attachments with your query in 2nd time. Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX Thanks for writing back I found the attachments with your query in 2nd time. Get well soon. Hope i have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX

Follow-up: What are the findings from the lipid profile test? 5 hours later
Yes, I do have one more thing to ask, would you mind summarizing the information regarding the attachment in a simpler was for a casual user to understand it, again I am not expecting a lot of writing just straight to the point.

Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 25 hours later
Brief Answer: Please find detail answer below. Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX Thanks for writing back Findings of your friend is not so serious.His condition can be managed by increasing his physical activity and avoiding saturated fat.It is very common problem now a days.His lipid(fat) in blood is mildly raised. I think,he will be benefited a lot from these measures.If findings doesn't improve then medicines can be added. Get well soon. Hope i have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX