What are the findings from the complete blood count report?

I recently got the CBC with differential test done. Following is the report details: WBC: 8.6 x10E3 / ul (3.4-10.8), RBC: 5.46 x10E6 / ul (4.14-5.80), Hemoglobin: 15.4 (12.6 - 17.7) Hematrocit: 46.3% (37.5-51) MCV: 85 fl (79-97) MCH: 28.2 pg (26.6 - 33) MCHC: 33.3 g/dl (31.5-35.7) RDW: 13% (12.3-15.4) Platelets: 229 x10E3 / ul(155-379) Neutrophils: 46% (40-74) Lymphs: 44% (14-46) Monocytes: 7% (4-12) Eos: 2% (0-5) Basos: 1% (0-3) Neutrophils ABsolute: 3.9 x10E3 / ul (1.4-7) Lymphs ABsolute: 3.8 x10E3 / ul (0.7-3.1) Monocytes ABsolute: 0.6 x10E3 / ul (0.1-0.9) Eos ABsolute: 0.2 x10E3 / ul (0-0.4) Basos: 0.1 x10E3 / ul (0-0.2) Immature granulocytes: 0 % (0-2) Immature Grans (Abs): 0 x10E3 / ul (0-0.1) I have been having muscles and joints pain from past few months which is progressing. In this recent above test I got high lymphs (Absolute). What should I do as next steps? What test should be followed?
Posted Tue, 4 Feb 2014 in Blood Disorders
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Considerations Detailed Answer: Hello and thank you for submitting your question. Your bloodwork looks pretty good overall, which is great. The next step to evaluate your pains and fatigue would now be to see a rhuematologist for further blood proteins/antibodies analysis and bring your CBC to your appointment. Ony with a good physical examination and further blood work can other reasons for your muscle aches be evaluated, if they are due to a medical condition and not anything such as physical activity/activities of daily living. Thanks again for submitting your question. Take care, Dr G
Follow-up: What are the findings from the complete blood count report? 11 minutes later
I also had the other calcium, uric acid etc tests done one month back, which came back normal.. They are not due to physical activity / activities of daily living. What tests should be done by physician to find out which infection it is..??
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Follow up Detailed Answer: Hello again, Thank you for including the results of your other labs. The tests that could be considered might include checking for auto-antibodies. If an infectious etiology were being considered, the physician might order viral titers. At this point the differential is somewhat broad and can only be narrowed with a proper physical examination and additional lab tests. I'm glad that you are able to rule out physical activity as a cause, this will greatly help with the past history. It is certainly reasonable to ask your primary care physician for a follow up appointment for further work up. Again, thanks for letting me know the results of your tests & I hope you are able to make an appointment at your earliest convenience. Take care, Dr G