What are the findings from abdominal and inguinal ultrasonography?

Dear Doctor, Its XXXX again....... As I have mentioned to previously that my abdomen CT scan was normal after some pain in groin region. Recently I had complete abdominal and inguinal ultrasonography. They did not found any abnormality except some gas in the abdome. My lymph nodes in the right are 0.725 cm2 and left side was 0.853 cm2. Please tell me these are serious or not. Are my lymph nodes are in normal region. My second question is that Recently I have noticed a small lump in my left rib cage. I visited a oncologist surgeon who told me that its fibroma. CT scan dint find anything. I have done my special probe ultrasonography of soft tissue. They found it a homogeneous mass about 2 cm. the surgeon told me that its fat. Is it the right diagnosis or should i look into FNAC. Sometime I do feel some sensation. please advice.....
Posted Wed, 12 Feb 2014 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Meher Lakshmi Konatam 14 hours later
Brief Answer: nothing to worry Detailed Answer: Sir, tiny nodes less than than one centimetre need not be given credence. They are most commonly reactive nodes. reactive to subclinical infection. Not necessarily pathological. Fibromas and lipomas are non malignant conditions. they are very common conditions. Usually FNAC is not necessary, but if you are fearing too much, no harm in getting FNAC done since that would give you final answer. you are fortunate that you dont have any disease process in your body. Small aches and pains here and there are common to every human being and life would become miserable if every person starts concentrating on every small condition.
Follow-up: What are the findings from abdominal and inguinal ultrasonography? 2 hours later
As always........very good
Answered by Dr. Meher Lakshmi Konatam 37 hours later
Brief Answer: Thank you Detailed Answer: Thank you. I always feel that no person should ever get a chance to see an oncologist. Take care