What are the effects of HCG protocol on sugar levels?

I am a non-diabetic person and have never been diabetic but I have been on the HCG protocol pellets and since going on this protocol more than 5 phases in a 1 and half year period my normal sugar is normal reading but my ac1 is 6.0 last year it was a 5.7 and these levels starting rising since going on the hcg protocol diet.?
Posted Fri, 20 Dec 2013 in Weight
Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 1 hour later
Brief Answer: hcg has no action on sugar levels Detailed Answer: Welcome to Healthcare-Magic Greetings of the day Dear Ms HCG has no effect on blood sugar level. Glycosylated hemoglobin or HbA1c only gives a guide to glycemic control over previous 3 months(equivalent to life span of RBC). There may be variation in levels even if taken in same year. It all depends on type of food consumed and physical activity in preceding 3 months , which may vary from month to month. Both of your HbA1c value (5.7 & 6) are within normal limits. Ideally it should be less than 6.5Gm%and I see no reason for concern. Please do get back to me if you have any other query. Would be glad to assist you. Wishing you great health. Thank you Take care Best Regards Dr T Shobha Deepak MBBS MD
Follow-up: What are the effects of HCG protocol on sugar levels? 13 hours later
so before diet my range for AC1 was 5.2 -5.5 after diet range is 5.7 - 6.0 should I be concern with these differential that I am bordering in the range of a diabetes this is according to my male dr.???
Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 29 minutes later
Brief Answer: It's not diabetis Detailed Answer: Greetings There is no cause of the value are still within normal range. Diagnosis of diabetes or impaired glucose tolerance is based on fasting and post prandial blood sugar level. Fasting blood sugar level of > 126mg% or post prandial> 200mg% is diagnostic of diabetes. There will be some elevation in sugar level after food. Any variation<6.5Gm% of HbA1c is normal. Glycosylated hemoglobin is only for assessing long term glycemic control. There is no cause of concern . Rest be assured everything is alright. Do get back to me if you have any other query Take care Regards Dr T Shobha
Follow-up: What are the effects of HCG protocol on sugar levels? 2 hours later
Ok with that my WBC 11.1 and the highest 10.8 which is a 0.3 since taking the hcg as well should I be worried. ?
Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 5 hours later
Brief Answer: The value is normal Detailed Answer: Greetings Normal WBC count is between 4500 to 11500 cells/mm cube that is between 4.5 to 11.5. Your value is between the normal reference range. There is no cause of concern. Rest assured everything is fine Regards Dr Shobha Deepak