What are the chances of transmission of HIV through hand job?

HIV AIDS Specialist
Question
hi dr, about 2 years ago, i did something stupid, i went for a massage twice, and on both occasion i got a handjob from the masseuse, about a month or so after that , my wife got pregnant, and exactly 3 months after her pregnancy, she was tested for a routine hiv test, the test turnout to be negative, we then continue to have regular sex.

my daughter is 1 year and 4 months old now, over the pass year , i have been so worried, that i might be infected with hiv during my hand job session, and i might pass it to my wife and daughter. is there a chance for me to get hiv from the handjob dr ? please help iam so worried
Posted Sun, 5 May 2013 in HIV and AIDS

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 1 hour later
Welcome to XXXXXXX

Transmission of HIV through hand job is negligible. Hand job is the safest type of sexual activity among all types of sexual encounters.
Moreover your wife is negative for HIV after 3 months of her pregnancy when tested for the same. Then there is no chance for your daughter to get this infection.
There is no point in worrying.
Relax and forget about the past.
Go ahead cheerfuly with your day to day activities.
Good luck to you.
Dr S.Murugan

Follow-up: What are the chances of transmission of HIV through hand job? 23 minutes later
so in your opinion dr base on my situation, as i dont have any other exposure, do i need to take a hiv test?

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 7 hours later
Welcome back.

You do not have any risk for HIV, so there is no possibility of your wife and child could get the infection from you.
Regarding the HIV test, even though it is not necessary for you, If you undergo a HIV test and happen to see a negative result, you will be mentally relieved totally and could be able to forget your past bitter incident.
Good luck to you.
DR S XXXXXXX