What are the chances of pregnancy with embryo transfer?

Infertility Specialist
We had 2 day Embryo Transfer on 26th December . 4 Embies transferred - 2 day transfer Fresh cycle. 1 = 4 Cell G1 1 = 4 Cell G2 2 = 2 Cell G1 Endometrium = 9.8 triple line on the day of transfer. Age = 31 yrs is all fine . what is the chances and how soon can we test at home. This is her 3rd IVF cycle. She concieved in 1st cycle but had to abort due to miscarriage - heart beat. She is poor ovarian reserve patient. This cycle 11 AFC 8 retrieved 6 mature 4 fertilized. In deep worry. Can any one help.
Posted Tue, 4 Feb 2014 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 30 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hi Detailed Answer: Hi, Since 4 embryos were transferred chances appear to be good. It is unusual for a 31 year lady to have poor ovarian reserve. Since 8 eggs were retrieved the reserve is not bad. Given her earlier successful positive status in IVF, I believe she stands good chance of pregnancy ( around 60%). Let me know if there are any more doubts. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol IVF & Infertility Specialist
Follow-up: What are the chances of pregnancy with embryo transfer? 28 minutes later
Thanks Doctor. We have B-HCG on Thursday. 14 days after transfer. According to my knowledge official date should be friday. Because it is 2 day transfer. We are in deep stress. Can we do HPT/UPT on Wednesday. Or is it too early Thanks for all the help.
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 24 minutes later
Brief Answer: Dont worry Detailed Answer: Hi, It is too early for UPT. UPT can be done only after next monday. First is beta hCG. You can do beta hCG on thursday or friday. If you stay in Bangalore and too stressed, you can come and meet me tomorrow. We have counsellors with us who will help you out. Dont worry about it too much. Lets see when results come Regards,
Follow-up: What are the chances of pregnancy with embryo transfer? 4 hours later
thanks Dr. will wait for another two days thanks alot XXXX
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 5 hours later
Brief Answer: All the best Detailed Answer: Hi I wish you all the best. Please let me know the result Regards
Follow-up: What are the chances of pregnancy with embryo transfer? 2 days later
thanks for the support dr. situation is bit fragile .. yesterday we did beta got 25. this was from some other lab. today we did beta in our hospital . we got 26 . so situation is grim ... just to note icsi procedure was done on 24 th dec at 2 pm lets hope it works ... Thanks once again
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 7 minutes later
Brief Answer: repeat Detailed Answer: Hi Please repeat beta hCG after 4 days and let me know the report. Continue medicines meanwhile Regards
Follow-up: What are the chances of pregnancy with embryo transfer? 6 days later
Dear Doctor, Result turned out to be bizarre. the HCG levels came down to 8 and its considered as miscarriage. Sir, we are unable to understand 1) Why this happened, almost second time. first was no heart beat. 2) How should we go about. Can you guide us. We are planning to move to AUS in few months as we are tired here. Thanks for all the support XXXX
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 6 hours later
Brief Answer: PGD Detailed Answer: Hi, I am sorry to hear about miscarriage. The correct terminology would be biochemical pregnancy. 1) Possibly the embryo was not healthy and hence no success. 2) You can go for preimplantation genetic diagnosis ( PGD ) to select a healthy embryo and get it transferred. 3) Alternatively you can go for donor egg IVF. 4) Indian has top class hospitals where all latest technology in this field is used and infact India is hub for medical tourism and patient come here from abroad. You going to AUS will be waste of time and resources as we do everything here. If possible try once in our IVF centre in bangalore before planning AUS. Let me know if you have anymore doubts. Regards,