What are the chances of HIV after unprotected sex?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jan 2014
Jan 2014

Dermatologist
Question
hi doctor, Last night I went for a massage and it ended up with my penis rubbing onto her vagina with NO penetration at all, im really afraid to become infected with any stds, i am a 25 year old single male who never does any unprotected forplay or sex. Is there any chance that i could get any stds from just rubbing from outside skin on skin? please help
Posted Fri, 21 Feb 2014 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 39 minutes later
Brief Answer: Risk is genuine Detailed Answer: Hi. Thanks for posting your concern at XXXXXXX This is an exposure, no way to sugar coat it. You should get tested at 2 weeks and then at 12 weeks post exposure. If negative you can stop worrying. Someone could get any three of these STDs e.g Syphilis, Herpes, HPV, Molluscum from just rubbing genitals together during sex. Try to practice safer sex with condoms all the time. Have yourself screened for HIV and syphilis and other STDs and keep healthy. take care regards

Follow-up: What are the chances of HIV after unprotected sex? 2 hours later
Thank u for ur reply, but what if I'm sure she has been medically checked and results were clean?

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 47 minutes later
Brief Answer: Practice safe sex. Detailed Answer: Hi. As a protocol i would advice that you get yourself screened for HIV and Syphilis(VDRL/RPR Test) because you cannot be 100% sure just because they tell you that they are clean. Anyways if you are absolutely sure that she is clean, then you have nothing to worry Try to practice safer sex with condoms all the time. take care regards