What are the causes for partially collapsed lung?

What causes a partially collapsed lung and can it happen again
Posted Thu, 30 Jan 2014 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Recurrence depends on etiology. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for posting the query on XXXXXXX After going through your query, I would like to comment the following: 1. Causes o lung collapse could be obstructive eg: intra bronchial foreign body, tumor, and mucous plugging or Non obctructive eg: Pneumothorax, pleural effusion, etc. 2. Depending on the etiology, the recurrence can be predicted. Eg. If there is pneumothorax, it can recur especially if underlying lung is diseased as in smokers. I hope I have answered your query. I will be glad to answer follow up queries if any. Please accept my answer if you have no follow up queries. Regards Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra MBBS MD DNB Consultant Pulmonologist