What are the causes for partially collapsed lung?
User rating for this question
What causes a partially collapsed lung and can it happen again
Posted Thu, 30 Jan 2014 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Recurrence depends on etiology. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for posting the query on XXXXXXX After going through your query, I would like to comment the following: 1. Causes o lung collapse could be obstructive eg: intra bronchial foreign body, tumor, and mucous plugging or Non obctructive eg: Pneumothorax, pleural effusion, etc. 2. Depending on the etiology, the recurrence can be predicted. Eg. If there is pneumothorax, it can recur especially if underlying lung is diseased as in smokers. I hope I have answered your query. I will be glad to answer follow up queries if any. Please accept my answer if you have no follow up queries. Regards Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra MBBS MD DNB Consultant Pulmonologist
People also viewed
- Wysdifference between wysolone and mederol
- Lungs hurt when i cough or sneeze
- Coughing and right lung hurts
- 5 year old lung hurts cough
- Is there a link between peritonitis and typhoid
- Skin between thumb and forefinger flakes
- Collapsed lung causes
- What causes a collapsed eardrum
- What causes a collapsed lung
- Lower lung hurts when i cough
- Difference between oligocare and oligocare forte?
- Persistent cough with hpv
- Can i stop taking duvadilan retard in between?
- What causes collapsed arteries
- What causes a collapsed gallbladder