What are the causes for black tooth?
User rating for this question
My sons front baby tooth was pink but now it is turning purple almost black. What is happening ?
Posted Wed, 19 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Anshumala Singh 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Decayed tooth Detailed Answer: Hello and welcome. Thanks for sharing your concern. As per the reports posted here and the given history suggest that there is decayed front teeth.Change in co lour is due to bacterial products and enamel(outer covering of teeth)being light co loured in children, it is reflected. There is nothing to worry, it requires mere cleaning and restoring with tooth co loured restorative(filling) material.No extensive treatment required. Therefore please see your dentist soon in this regard.Also take a small x ray to see the permanent tooth bud lying underneath. Remember, this tooth cannot be extracted presently,as it is a space maintainer for the permanent bud lying underneath. Hope I have given detail answers.For further query please let me know. Thanks. Take care.
People also viewed
- Usage of teveten
- Drugs/medication for Vaginal dryness
- Treatment and cure for Intestinal metaplasia
- Usage of avocom
- Usage of zexster
- What causes plastic tooth in infants
- What can infected tooth cause
- What is the cause and treatment for tooth ache
- Treatment and cure for Tobacco chewing
- Usage of penlac
- Treatment and cure for Purpura fulminans
- Diagnosis of Bleeding after abortion
- Usage of zyflo cr
- Tooth abscess cause black eye?
- What are the causes for black tooth