What are the best supplements to overcome b12 and d vitamins deficiency?

I am suffering from internal shivers for 2 months. It all started after i started exercising 2 months back. I had my blood and urine test done. It came out with vitamin b12 and vitamin d deficiency. Could the deficiency cause shivers which was triggered by exercise? what is the best supplements to overcome b12 and d vitamins deficiency?
Posted Sun, 22 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 55 minutes later
Brief Answer: Milk and animal products are richest source Detailed Answer: Namaste Welcome to Healthcare-Magic Greetings of the day Dear Mr XXXX Internal shiver like presentation could be due to muscle soreness caused by doing unaccustomed exercise . I would suggest you to go slow on exercise schedule. Get used to a particular level and then step up. Also make sure that you are well hydrated before and after exercise. Drinking more.of.plain water.with heavy exercise may cause cramps and shivers because of electrolyte loss. Drinking fresh lime water with a pinch of salt added is advisable. Vitamin D or B 12 deficiency is unlikely to cause such symptoms. The best dietary sources of vitamin b12 are milk and animal products. Chicken and chicken liver contain good source of it. It may be good news for your if you are non vegetarian. Vegetarian food is very poor in Vitamin B 12. Vitamin D is available in Milk, egg and non vegetarian food especially sea foods. Cod liver oil has good source. You can also consider taking many of.the commercial Multivitamin supplement available. Also Calcium and Vitamin D supplements are also available. I would be glad to assist you if you need any further assistance Do take good care Best Regards Dr T Shobha MBBS MD
Follow-up: What are the best supplements to overcome b12 and d vitamins deficiency? 4 hours later
i stopped exercising for 2 weeks and still have the shivering. it is more frequent in the past few days.i feel like all my muscles are moving and body is shaking.i dont have any other side effects.Could this be still exercise or any other thing?
Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 9 minutes later
Brief Answer: Rest and good nutrition will help Detailed Answer: Namaste Dear Mr XXXXXXX It could be exercise related. I hope you also have got the fasting and post prandial blood sugar level done to know if they are in normal limits. If the sugar level are normal then there seems to be no cause concern. Adequate rest, good nutrition and hydration will relieve your symptoms. Take care Regards Dr T Shobha