What are the benefits of drinking fenugreek soaked water?

My friend says fenugreek seed soaked in the water overnight, and drinking that water every morning on empty stomach will help in hair growth..., is it true? also tell me doctor what are the benefits of drinking fenugreek soaked water?
Posted Sat, 4 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 25 minutes later
Brief Answer: True Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query Fenugreek also called as methi is extremely effective in treating hair loss and also hair root issues, it is rich in certain hormones and anti oxidants which help in preventing hair fall and it also strengthens the roots of the existing hair follicles. The lecithin in methi helps in strengthening dry and damaged hair. It is also rich in proteins which helps in hair growth. Here is what you should do 1. Soak the fenugreek overnight as told by your friend and make it into a paste 2. Before applying the paste oil your hair well with either olive oil or coconut oil. Apply the paste onto this and leave it for an hour. 3. Shampoo with a mild shampoo Another home remedy is to mix egg yolk and yoghurt over wet hair before shampooing. I hope I was of help, if you have any further queries please get back to me I wish you good health Regards