What are the adverse reactions caused due to accidental intake of congestive heart failure medication?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
If someone was given CHF meds accidently what would be the results?
Posted Wed, 19 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Usually few doses do not cause an adverse effect Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for posting your query. The medicines for CHF include water excreting drugs like lasix and cardiac simulators. Since you are already taking lasix for bilateral edema of feet the other medicines are not likely to show any major adverse effect on the body except for palpitations rise in blood pressure restlessness etc. Fluid and electrolyte imbalance is also seen. The medicines if given for a short term or a few doses only will not show an effect. Please do not worry. If there are any adverse or persistent symptoms then you must consult a physician for a physical examination and rectification of the treatment. I hope this answers your query. In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Praveen Tayal. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL