What are some symptoms of malnourisnment?

What are some symptoms of malnutishment?
Posted Tue, 3 Sep 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
At least 10% weight loss in three months

Detailed Answer:

The most important and significant symptom is weight loss more than 10% in three months when the person is actually not trying to reduce weight.

Apart from this"
a) Susceptible to infections
b) Prolonged healing of cuts or wounds
c) Skin is very dry, flaky because of lack of proper fat and vitamins in the diet
d) Person looks very irritable
e) Muscle wasting, tiredness are common signs and symptom.

Let me know if you are looking for any specific complaint and would like to relate malnourishment.

Follow-up: What are some symptoms of malnourisnment? 10 minutes later
I am just not eating as much as I should due to my high anxiety
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Counselling required by a local psychologist

Detailed Answer:

I would like to know the reason for anxiety. Are you on treatment for it? If necessary you can take the help of a Psychologist.

Follow-up: What are some symptoms of malnourisnment? 12 minutes later
Yes im seeing a doc
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 48 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Timebeing depend on appetite stimulants

Detailed Answer:

Ask your doctor about appetite stimulants and multivitamins and mineral supplements. They can help you eat better than what you are now.

Eating right is important both for physical and mental health, try to see all seven dark colors a day in your plate (green red yellow blue white etc) so that it stimulates your eyes and brain and positive ideas flow in. Tasting 6 types including sweet, sour, pungent, astringent, salt and bitter helps produce good messengers in the brain.

Once you take in the diet these I am sure you would not be malnourished. Simply to start An egg, an XXXXXXX and a vegetable with one main cereal does the trick in each meal.