What are cyst like white spots under my heel?

Hello, I have noticed that I have various small size white spots right under my skin on the edge of my heels. I can only see them when pressure is applied (taking the palm of my hand and pressing down on the skin of my heel), and they are painless. The white spots look like blisters or cysts under the skin. I have never noticed it before?
Back to top      
Posted Mon, 30 Apr 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 32 minutes later

The small cyst like white spots under your heel are most likely a XXXXXXX seeded white bumps that form when skin cells become trapped rather than exfoliate naturally. The condition is called Milia. The trapped cells become walled off into tiny cysts that appear like white beads below the surface of the skin.

Exfoliation is the most important thing which helps in milia prone skin. By keeping the epidermis thin and smooth, you can cut down on their formation. You can use a gentle exfoliating scrub and body polish.
Another way to deal with milia is to undergo a periodic series of microdermabrasions or glycolic acid peels at your dermatologist's office. Maintenance is important. They keep on reappearing periodically. So do a regular gentle exfoliation.
If nothing else helps these can be removed by your dermatologist.

I hope you have found my answer and recommendations to be both adequate and helpful. Should you have additional questions I am available to address them.