Went for normal health check up. Fibroid found during ultrasound. Is there any risks?

Hello Doctor,
This is XXXXXX and this is regarding fibroid that is found during ultra sound, when she was having a normal full health checkup.
Her age is 30.
Posted Mon, 15 Oct 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 41 minutes later
I have gone through her USG report.
Fibroids grow in response to stimulation by the hormone estrogen, produced naturally in the body & these are benign tumour.
If the person does not have symptoms such as vaginal bleeding or pelvic pain, and if the fibroid is not growing rapidly, no treatment may be needed.
So consult your gynaecologist at interval of six months for pelvic examination & ultrasound scan.
If growth remains static, no treatment needed; otherwise medical treatment like gonadotropin releasing hormone will be started.
I hope your query has been answered. I Will be available for your further queries.