Went for flu shot, was injected with steroid. imbalance, headaches, blurred vision, pain in muscles. Has blood thinning taken place and is it safe to fly ?

I am a 38 year old african american male 6´0 220. I am currently vacationing in Colombia South XXXXXXX 26 days ago I went into a drugstore for a flu shot. I was instead injected with 50mg of some kind of a hormone or steroid ¨Deca Durabolin¨I think. For the first two weeks I suffered equilibrium problems, headaches, blurred vision weakness and pain in my muscles including my jaws legs arms and neck. I also have suffered falls, balance problems, trouble climbing stairs cold sweats and calf muscle twitches. The headaches have gone away and the blurred vision has decreased but the other symptoms remain. What actions should I take? The clinic here wants to do lab work. I take 5mg norvasc daily. Is my blood thinned because I feel weak? and if so is it XXXXXXX for me to fly? What dietary, medical or other measures should I be taking?

Thank you, XXXXXXX
Posted Wed, 11 Apr 2012 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 2 hours later
Hello Mr XXXXXXX and thanks for your query.

I shall make an effort to provide you with good professional recommendations specific to your questions.

Nandrolone is anabolic steroid and if you have been given that in the drug store then that is ILLEGAL, as per the rules. It is a classified drug and needs a prescription.

All the side effects are due to the same. And you were not supposed to take it in the first place as you already have hypertension - and it is a contraindication. You are not supposed to have it.

GET MEDICAL ATTENTION IMMEDIATELY. And never take the nandrolone again.

You have compromised your safety. Since you cardiovascular system has a serious situation now, because of the headaches, calf muscle tenderness, balancing and pain in the muscles.

Hope i have answered your query.I will be available for follow up.