Weight loss, scheduled to take steroid back injection, taking HCG diet. Stop the diet?

I am scheduled to have steroid back injections next Thursday. I am on the hcg diet should I stop taking the drops? I have lost 6 pounds in 4 days, I have never been able to do this before.
Posted Fri, 13 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 8 hours later
Hello and thanks for the query.

I see no reason for you to have to worry about the steroid injection. I would not change anything about the current HCG regimen if it has been prescribed under the supervision of your doctor. I assume that your spine surgeon or Orthopedician is aware of this diet.

The steroid injection is local and should not create any systemic short or long term effects and there is no evidence or concern on my part that there will be any concerning interaction with the HCG. Just make sure you do not go into unbalanced nutrition while on HCG diet.

I thank you again for the query. I hope my response has been helpful, informative and reassuring. Should you have any additional concerns I would be happy to address them.

Dr. Galamaga