Weight loss, frequent bowel movements. Took MDMA a week ago. Causes for loose stools?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I have been pooping alot ever since taking pure MDMA a week ago.
Like 3 or four times a day. I am also losing weight quickly. What could be the cause of this
Posted Tue, 1 May 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 31 minutes later
Taking MDMA only once is not likely to be associated with loose stools per se that too for one week.
The loose stools you are having are more likely to be due to a gut infection which is causing a weight loss due to fluid and electrolyte loss from the body.
1. You can start by eating soft, bland food: toast, bananas, crackers, plain rice, cooked carrots, boiled potatoes, baked chicken ~ no skin, etc.
2.Replace lost fluid and salts:Take broth, soup, fruit juices, soft fruits, or vegetables.
3.Avoid the following foods: Dairy (milk, cheese, yogurt, etc.), Cold drinks - stick to warm tea or water as long as symptoms persist, Raw fruits and vegetables, fried & greasy food and fast food, spicy food, caffeine,etc.
If the symptoms are not relieved , medical treatment might be needed after proper examination.
I hope this answers your query effectively.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.