Weakness through out body. Now persistent on one side with upset stomach. What can be done?

On Monday morning I woke up with weakness throughout my entire body, and from Tuesday until now (Thursday) I am still weak on 1 side of my body (left side), despite my upset stomach no longer being an issue as of Tuesday. What do I do?
I made an error, the Gravol I took were in intervals of 4 hours, not 7. I also took about 3-4 doses of Pepto Bismol
Posted Fri, 4 May 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 36 minutes later

The weakness in your body is likely to be due to the side effect of tablet Gravol. It is commonly associated with dizziness, drowsiness, dry nose and mouth and generalized muscular weakness. This is a dose limiting side effect and on stopping the drug, the weakness of the body gradually wanes over 3-5 days.

Do not worry. Just take plenty of fluids to ensure that the drug gets washed off from your body early. Your symptoms are likely to subside in next 3-4 days.

If the weakness is persistent then I advise you to consult your physician for a thorough evaluation.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Wish you good health.

Dr. Rakhi Tayal.