Weakness, body ache before bowel movement. Tried probiotics. Is this anxiety, adrenal fatigue or gastro virus problem?

Gastroenterologist
Question
feels really weak...and severe body aches just before bowel movement...bowel is always normal..with no sign of blood or mucus. body gets better after normal bowel movement..tends to get very sleepy after bowel movement.
tried probiotics in past but they caused loose motion after one day. made me feel very very hungry as well.
does this sound like anxiety or adrenal fatigue or some gastro virus problem.
Posted Sun, 28 Apr 2013 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Poorna Chandra K.S 4 hours later
Hi and thanks for contacting XXXXXXX
Aches and pain before a bowel movement and getting better after one can be because of -
1) Spastic movement of intestine secondary to either intestinal inflammation or infection
2) Bowel pathologies like carcinoid syndrome
Try quitting milk from your diet, take lots of curd and some fibre supplement like isaphghul 3 tsps in 250 ml of water for at-least 2 weeks. If still persistent see a doctor as it would need an examination
Dr XXXXXXX

Follow-up: Weakness, body ache before bowel movement. Tried probiotics. Is this anxiety, adrenal fatigue or gastro virus problem? 18 minutes later
thanks doctor, just to bring in to your notice that i dnt have any pain in stomach itself..but overall feverish feeling..and body aches..which goes away after passing bowel and returns after 2-3 hrs

can it because of bacterial imbalance in intestines..if yes thn why probiotics are causing diarrheoa..

Answered by Dr. Poorna Chandra K.S 2 days later
Hi and thanks for the followup
Intestinal bacterial overgrowth can cause these as well as a vigorous bowel movements. I would suggest you to get a couple of stool routine examinations, Serum CRP quantitative and a Vit D levels done.
Probiotics perse are unlikely to cause diarroea and it may be a coincident finding or due to a filler used in probiotics. Try another brand and see
Dr XXXXXXX

Follow-up: Weakness, body ache before bowel movement. Tried probiotics. Is this anxiety, adrenal fatigue or gastro virus problem? 1 hour later
thanks for the suggestions sir,
i had done 72 hr stool test and vitamin d test..
stool test showed acidic and presence of lactic acid..
vitamin d was very low 7.3

i will get crp done asap. let me know if something else is required..
and yes sir..to add in above tests..
i had got my ESR also done..it showd the value of 4
which is 1 point lower thn normal
hope it helps

Answered by Dr. Poorna Chandra K.S 13 hours later
Hi
Get a prescription for vit D3 and calcium
Please send me a scanned copy of the three stool examinations and the CRP
Low ESR doesnot add anything
Dr XXXXXXX

Follow-up: Weakness, body ache before bowel movement. Tried probiotics. Is this anxiety, adrenal fatigue or gastro virus problem? 34 hours later
my Yesterday's CRP results are - 1.30 {range (1-5)}
i dont have printed copy of my old stool test reports but i remember it saying nothing abnormal except presence of lactic acid and slightly acidic ph of stool.

i hv noticed one more symptom just before bowel movement..my pupils gets little dilated and unable to respond to light as before...it gets normal after passing stool though.

Hi
The CRP is fine indicating that there is no significant inflammation. The pupillary reaction is part of the autonomic response. Autonomic nervous system along with voluntary control is involved in bowel evacuation. The pupillary recation may point towards an exxagerated autonomic response only. This can also occur if you are tense. Hence see a local physician to decide its worth
Dr XXXXXXX