Weak in legs, tired even after night sleep, can't climb stairs. Is it normal?

My seem to be very tired all the time even after a night s sleep and feel weak especially in my legs, Like I have been working out for hours. One flight of stairs is getting harder. I'm a 31 year old male in decent shape but feel like I'm 61. Is this normal or is something wong
Posted Sun, 29 Apr 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 34 minutes later

Constant tiredness and fatigue can be due to anemia, chronic fatigue syndrome, hypothyroidism, disorders of the hypothalamus, psychiatric disorders like depression and sleep-related breathing disorders. At your age, your blood sugar levels also need to be evaluated as diabetes can often present with tiredness as initial symptom.

First of all get your hemoglobin levels done. If they are low then you may be having liver, lean red meats, beans like kidney, lima, navy, black, pinto, soy beans, and lentils, iron fortified whole grains, XXXXXXX vegetables like spinach, tofu, broccoli, swiss chard, asparagus, parsley, chicken, nuts, egg yolk and dry fruits. Along with this iron supplements are entailed.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.