Was trimming pubic hairs with scissors. Accidentally cut the skin of scrotum. Applied betadine cream. Will it heal?

I was trimming my pubic hairs with scissors,when I accidentally cut the skin of my scrotum.It is a small cut and it bled.I washed and then applied Betadine Cream.What can be done so it heals faster and will it cause any other problems later in life? Please reply,I am very much worried.
Posted Fri, 15 Jun 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Abid 19 minutes later
Hi there.

Regarding your concern, don’t worry. Minor cut will not cause any problem later in life.

There is no need to apply any ointment in cut area. Just keep the scrotum clean and wash it with good antiseptic soaps; nothing more than that is needed.

Enjoy and don't worry.

Hope my answer is reassuring. Let me know if you have any more queries. If you found my response helpful please close this discussion. Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks and Regards