Was sick with flu. Starts sweating with physical activity. Should I be concern?

Dec 2014

I was sick with the flu for over a week at the beginning of the month - It's been over a week since I started feeling better, but the slightest amount of physical activity, such as making the bed, causes me to start sweating profusely.
Posted Mon, 13 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 37 minutes later
Welcome to Health Care Magic

In recent years people suffering from flu are presenting with complaints of easy fatiguability, anxiety attacks, sweating, lack of interest in day to day activities etc even after many weeks of flu. The symptoms are called as Post flu minor depression and anxiety. It will present with fatigue symptoms, anxiety symptoms for long time. In some individuals pain in joints is also a complaint. If you are able to function normally with these complaints then it good, there is no need for treatment. But try relaxation methods as Progressive Muscle Relaxation Exercises, Breathing Exercises, Yoga to stay relaxed and calm.

If fatigue is high then visit a good Psychiatrist for opinion. Low serotonin is hypothesized to be cause behind such symptoms.
Foods that increase serotonin as Chocolates, Milk etc should be included in diet. Take food XXXXXXX in omega 3 fatty acids as fish oils, walnut etc.

Medicines that increase serotonin and also increase arousal such as Duloxetine are very useful in such symptoms. Duloxetine also helps in pain symptoms. Medicines should be taken for at least 12-16 weeks post remission in order to prevent relapse of symptoms.

Hope it solves, if you have more questions you can ask again.

Dr.Seikhoo Bishnoi, MD