Was on holiday and had meat and candy. Colour of stool has become dark. Is it normal?

I have been on holiday in XXXXXXX and have eaten no so healthy a lot of red meat and candy and not a lot of fruit and veg, which normally I eat loads of white meat and tons of veg, my stool has been quiet dark green to a dak color. I have no other pain, just that. Ad stools are formed normally. Can that be causing it?
Posted Tue, 16 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 36 minutes later
Dear madam,

Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX

Looking into your problem i could see that you are concerned about the change of colour of stools .

Since you have taken lots of red meat that could be the reason for colour change of stools since it contains lots of iron which is a known cause of change of stool colour . Even when iron tablets are prescribed they lead to change in stool colour.

Since the stools are well formed that makes my worry less. If there is anything like fever , blood in stools , foul smelling stools, pain in abdomen etc. then you need to see a doctor immediately but it appears innocent problem.

Wish you good health.

Dr. Shruti
Follow-up: Was on holiday and had meat and candy. Colour of stool has become dark. Is it normal? 1 hour later
Also, I took petmo bismo a day ago, and I read that can darken your stool
Also wi anxiety I have ibs, and since the stool changed it did cause me to worry and have a little loss stool, but I am positive it's from worry as when I first notice color change my stool was formed perfectly
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 31 minutes later
Dear madam,

Thanks for getting back.

I don't think there is anything to worry . Once you stop eating these foods the colour will return to normal within 2-3 days.

You need to calm down otherwise your IBS will worsen leading to loose stools.

Follow-up: Was on holiday and had meat and candy. Colour of stool has become dark. Is it normal? 8 hours later
Also, I have these 2 bumps in my mouth, I think I have had them a while, as I rember one Defintly being predominant after I got my braces off 4 yrs ago, no pain. I have attached a pic.
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 3 hours later
Dear Madam ,

Thanks for getting back .

You didn't mention the time you are having these ulcers . I could not see the picture attached so I assume its an ulcer .

Well any ulcer in mouth even due to trauma from braces persisting from such long duration as you mentioned (4 years) needs to be examined and evaluated.
Even if there is no pain it doesn't change the situation.

I advise you to go to an ENT Specialist for this and get yourself examined . You could be suffering from chronic aphthous ulceration but it needs to be evaluated.

Dr. Shruti