Warm sensation in muscles, tiredness, weakness, negative tests. Any ideas?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I have been experiencing a warm sensation in my muscles for the last couple of months. I get tired and weak easily, and have been though numerous tests (one even to see if my muscles were wasting away, it came up negative.. ) any ideas?
Posted Fri, 7 Sep 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Generalised weakness and warm sensations in the muscles are often found in vitamin D and magnesium deficiency.

I suggest you to consult an endocrinologist and get prescribed vitamin D and magnesium supplements. Your symptoms should improve with that. Also eat magnesium XXXXXXX foods like bananas, beans, chickpeas, fish, nuts, soybeans, spinach etc which are natural sources of magnesium.

Regarding vitamin D levels, you need to take a XXXXXXX of vitamin D with milk or curd once a week for 8 weeks and then once a month. Each XXXXXXX contains 60,000 IU of vitamin D.
Your symptoms will gradually improve in next 8-10 weeks after taking proper supplements.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Follow-up: Warm sensation in muscles, tiredness, weakness, negative tests. Any ideas? 11 minutes later
Thank you!
I will see about getting referred to an endocrinologist. My Vitamin D supplements (Vitamin D-3 at 2000 U Tab's at 1 per day). My question, is with that, and daily sun, and Vitamin D infused milk, would that help any, or would you still suggest the sachet's? And with that, where would I go to get the sachet's? Thanks.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 47 minutes later
Thanks for writing again.
With the low Vitamin D3 levels that you are having, taking vitamin D 3 sachets will be more helpful. The supplementation of 2000IU per day is not sufficient. You can get these prescribed from your endocrinologist.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.