Wanted to know if you can feel your ribs in your inner breast area?

Good evening, I was just wondering if you can feel your ribs in your inner breast area? About an inch in from sternum out both sides feels the same.. I don't feel a specific lump and just had a normal exam 2 weeks ago but forgot to ask! One Side I can tell I have more fibrous tissue over the rib so more noticeable to me. Thank you !
Posted Mon, 17 Jun 2013 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Nehal Shah 3 hours later
Thanks for using healthcare magic.

I have gone through your history.

Connection of ribs to sternum is called cartilage. It is usually palpable both the sides easily unless and until you have heavy breast.

That part usually do not have much fatty tissue so it is easily palpable.

So it is completely normal in your case and there is absolutely no need to worry.