Want to join gym. Want to take health assessment. What is the procedure?

I want to take a Health Assessment, as I want to join Gym. What is the procedure for the same?
Posted Wed, 10 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 19 hours later

I appreciate your concern towards being healthy.

A complete health assessment would include a general and systemic examination of your whole body. For this, you could consult a General physician or your family doctor.

Along with this, you would require basic investigations like Complete blood count, urine routine examination.

When you consult your doctor, you would be examined thoroughly for any illnesses by physical examination by the doctor, auscultation of your chest and heart.

You could also go for a comprehensive health check-up conducted by most corporate hospitals. It would be a package of around 1500 INR.

At your age of 26 yrs, there should no problem with your health and you should be able to join the gym without any hassles.

Let me know if I can help you further.