Want to get meth out of my body. Will lose custody of children if meth detected in drug test.

Please help meCan you please help me I made a mistake by using meth and I really need to get it out of my system.i have to take a drug test monday morning and if I fail I lose my kids.i know I shouldnt have done it.i was around the wrong people.i will never make this mistake again. Please tell me what I can do so I wont fail my drugscreen
Posted Mon, 7 May 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 7 hours later

I can understand your concern for the drug test. If an individual has used meth, the drug is detected in the urine for 48-72 hours.
Methamphetamine can be detected for between 48-96 hours after use. It is detectable in urine 2-5 hours after use and even 3-5 days after use. In hair, it persists for the longest period of time and can be detected 5-7 days after use and even 90 days after use.

So whether you will pass the drug test depends on what type of drug test is done (urine or hair) and by which method (Enzyme Multiple Immunoassay Test (EMIT) or Gas Chromatograph/Mass Spectrometer (GC/MS) test, the time gap when you used meth, age, amount of drug used, body size, fluid intake, metabolism, method of ingestion, percentage of body fat, weight and tolerance to the drug.

Many reports claim that drinking a detox solution, drinking huge quantities of water or insisting that the test be conducted in the afternoon (to lower the concentration of the drug in the urine) may help you escape the positive drug test, But none of these methods will guarantee a negative result.

You can avoid alcohol and smoking, over the counter medications or Vitamins and fatty foods, coffee, sugars And/or Energy Drinks and eat plenty of citrus fruits as well as indulge in plenty of exercises. But it is not mandatory that you get a negative drug test especially if urine and hair test are done.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up query.