Want to gain muscle without fats. Suggest diet that will not make me fat?

Dietitian & Nutritionist
iam 59kg I go to the gym I want to gain 10 kg muscle without fats but carbs and caloris r needed so my question when should I eat carbs during the day and wht kind of carbs wont make me gain fat but will help me gain muscle
Posted Mon, 5 Aug 2013 in Weight
Answered by Meenakshi Attrey 58 minutes later

Thank you for posting the query.

It is important to include both, calories and protein, while working on a weight (muscle) gain diet plan. While the protein would provide the required amino acids for muscle building, carbohydrates are required to provide the essential energy that promotes the protein function.

It is important to include the complex carbohydrates in the diet to ensure that the release of calories is judicial; this would allow the body to utilize the available calories in the best possible way. Some foods with complex carbohydrates are:
•     whole pulses and cereals
•     fruits and vegetables like potato carrot cucumber reddish, avocado, prunes, XXXXXXX pear and strawberry etc.
•     Wheat bread and whole wheat pastas
•      nuts and seeds like ground nut.

Including low fat dairy is also recommended not only for proteins but for the required calcium supply also.
Including the protein XXXXXXX foods would ensure regular supply of amino acids required for muscle development. Consider the following foods for quality proteins:
•     Milk and its products like yogurt, cheese, etc. are good protein sources. Choose from the low fat dairy products.
•     Soy is also a known source of good quality protein of plant origin. It’s products like tofu, tempeh (soy product of bread like texture) and soy milk provides quality protein when taken on a regular basis.
•     Mature legumes and beans like Rajmah, Chick Pea, Green/ Dried Pea should be a regular part of the diet. Try to include them thrice a week in your diet.
•     A regular consumption of Whole Pulses is also recommended along with the nuts like almond, cashew and peanut. Replace the regular butter with peanut or almond butter.
•     Mushrooms are not only XXXXXXX in protein but are a good source of minerals like niacin, zinc, potassium selenium etc.
•     Non vegetarian proteins are of good biological value as they are radially taken up by our bodies. Among them the best are Chicken Breast, Fish like tuna and salmon, Pork ( especially its loin), Lean beef, Egg white and All lean red Meats.

It is important to keep in mind that different foods are required at different times of the day. Include carbohydrates for breakfast and after the workout. While proteins are good during the second half of the day. Keep yourself sufficiently hydrated and focus on electrolyte XXXXXXX drinks like tender coconut water, salted lemon juice, fresh clear soups etc. Never skip breakfast and divide your meals into small and frequent portions. Excessive fats are not good for health but they are important and should be included in moderation. It is advised that you stick to unsaturated fats like vegetable oils like corn, rice XXXXXXX mustard, olive and canola oil. Also. Keep a check on your salt intake.

Hope this would help.