Want to do exercises at home. Had C-section delivery. Is skipping a good idea?

Question
My height is 5 feet and my weight is 58 kgs. Due to my crazy schedule i am unable to exercise. However I want to do some exercises at home. So is skipping a good exercise. Since I had a C-Sec delivery 2 years back, is it a good idea to do skipping to loose weight and tone the body.
Posted Sun, 29 Jul 2012 in Exercise

Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 37 minutes later

Welcome to XXXXXXX

Yes, Skipping is a good exercise.

Since you had C-Sec 2 years back, any problem due to skipping is not expected.

You should include Aerobics also in your workout schedule. It will help you burn fat of abdomen also.

Jogging, cycling, exercise on stepper can also be performed at home.

If you have further query, I shall be glad to reply.

With good wishes,

Follow-up: Want to do exercises at home. Had C-section delivery. Is skipping a good idea? 7 minutes later
For how much time skipping should be done?

Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 53 minutes later

Welcome again,

Initially you should do it for 5 minutes, which can be slowly increased to 10 minutes.

As you require about 30 minutes workout, please add other exercises like yoga to it, so that you can tone other muscles of your body also.

With good wishes,