Want to change my sex. Tried medication, not cured. Any other treatment?

Question
Hi
I am a male 38 years, weight:95kgs, height 5.11, no-diabetics no-BP. But mindset is more inclined toward being a female. I have tried over the counter harmones previously like permarin and progynova. and discontinued them a year back. Now I started on lynoral 0.05mg from last 20 days. I see hair thinning, mood swings and bloating. My friend also suggested Microgest, but since I didnot find that I go an alternative which is susten 100mg, but yet to start on that. I was adviced to take asprin once in a week. Now since I have started out without a doctors consent I fear there may be adverse reactions. Can you please guide me here.
Posted Thu, 28 Feb 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems

Answered by Dr. Rahul Tawde 15 hours later
Dear XXXXXXX
Thanks for writing in. I suggest you dont take medications on your own. See an endocrinologist nearby. The medications have some side effects and more than that you require close monitoring and followup. You will also need to be examined. Its not that your desire is wrong. It has to be done in a proper way thats all. Sex change surgery may have to be planned subsequently. So all these things have medicolegal implications. So I suggest you consult an endocrinologist and then start treatment. Lynoral and microgest are hormonal preparations which have to be taken under guidance.
Hope this helps
Shivaprasad

Follow-up: Want to change my sex. Tried medication, not cured. Any other treatment? 5 minutes later
I am in bangalore. I want to know which doctor i can speak to with confidentiality. I know revealing this could be embrassing for me. Kindly suggest a endocrinologist who will understand this way of life

Answered by Dr. Rahul Tawde 4 hours later
There is no problem. Any good endocrinologist can help you. You can consult me if you are in Bangalore.