Want information on Parkinson's disease

Parkingson Disease
Posted Mon, 30 Apr 2012 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Prasad 46 minutes later

I see that your query is not complete. From what I understand you are looking for some information on parkinson's disease. It will be useful if you can elaborate about the patient’s details and post your concerns. We will be able to address those concerns to your satisfaction.

Parkinson's disease is a slowly progressive degenerative neurological condition resulting in gradual decline in reaction time, tremors and neurological functions. It occurs due to loss / degeneration of some brain cells that are influenced by dopamine (a neurotransmitter chemical).
Symptoms can be reduced / improved by using drugs belonging to a class of antiparkinson's drugs which are essentially dopamine producing agents. With proper dosage and timing of this medication, we might be able to provide the patient a better quality of life.

I understand you would have read about these - basic / essentials of parkinson's disease. Hence it would be extremely useful if you can post your concerns, so that I can address them specifically.

Awaiting your reply.

Best Regards