Waking up with shaking hands. Related to Nyquil?

I wake up with a shaking hand and sometimes two shaking hands. I think I can relate it to taking Nyquil. XXXXXXX
Posted Sun, 22 Apr 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra 48 minutes later

After going through your query, I would like to comment the following:

1. You are a diagnosed case of Sjogrens syndrome with asthma. The lung involvement could be seperately related to sjogrens syndrome. Please do get it evaluated in detail from a pulmonologist.

2. You current problem is early morning hand tremors.

3. Nyquil is not usually associated with such symptoms.

4. In fact your medication for sjogrens syndrome - Evoxac (cevimeline) is known to cause such effects rarely. Please report this to you physician so that this medication can be adjusted or substituted. Also do get your serum electrolyte levels (sodium and potassium) done.

5. Also metaprolol needs to be used with very much caution in asthmatics. Please consult your physician regarding this.

6. Tremors can also be caused by crestor (Rosuvastatin). Please consult your physician regarding this.

7. You have not mentioned any inhaled therapy for asthma. Remember inhaled therapy is the cornerstone of asthma. Please consult a Pulmonologist for proper evaluation regarding this.

I hope I have answered your query. I will be glad to answer any follow up queries.

Please accept my answer if you have no follow up queries.

Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra