Waking up with pressure in head. Have headache, high blood pressure. On lisinopril. Cause and cure?

Hi - I have been waking up the last several weeks with a pressure sensation in my head/skull. It feel like a light pressure and there are some days I have had headaches as well. I did have high blood pressure which I thought it was related to but have been on on lisinopril for the past couple weeks and my bp is typically within in normal range- 120/80's.
Posted Sun, 5 May 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 1 hour later

Thanks for the query,

I understand your concern

Your headache could be related to tension/migraine headache. Note that a fall in Blood pressure during standing position can also make some one feel lightheaded. If you do not have any other symptoms like vomiting, weakness of one side of body etc, you need not worry at all. I feel that a clinical interview and examination with a local neurologist is needed in your case to come to a conclusion. He will then determine if brain scans are needed or not. Treatment will depend upon the cause.

Hope this helps
Best wishes