Wake up in middle of sleep with sexual urge and masturbate. Is this normal?

Excellent

Psychiatrist
Question
my problem is I wake up in middle of sleep with a sudden strong sexual urge. to control it i masturbate and again go to sleep. all this happens with my concern. is this something normal or peculiar.
Posted Mon, 28 Oct 2013 in Sexual Problems

Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
At age 24 years it is normal

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query.
I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through.
At age of 24 years this phenomenon can be explained with an increased surge of hormones and this is normal and nothing to be worried of.
With age or with the exploration of your own sexuality this episodes will reduce and disappear.
Masturbation is safe way of expressing ones sexuality and it causes no problem.
Hope I am able to answer your concerns.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback.
In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:
bit.ly/dr-srikanth-reddy

Wish you good health,
Kind regards
Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.

Follow-up: Wake up in middle of sleep with sexual urge and masturbate. Is this normal? 3 hours later
Hello XXXXXXX
thank you for your response. basically i have a fear that in such circumstances i would be acting on my partner sleeping beside me. presently am a bachelor living with my friends. my fear is that i may show that urges on the one sleeping beside me. will this really happen. because i wake up with strong urge but am aware of everything going on at that time. actually i didn't react badly on anyone but i have that fear. is this something abnormal. i had this situation for 3 times within the past 10 years.

Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes it is normal

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Yes it is a normal phenomenon. If its only 3 times in last 10 years then even your partner wont mind havjnh sex in the middle of night occasinally. Many couples do that.
Moreover if you dont want to disturb your partner then you can still masturbate. Infact 70 percent of males masturbate even though married. So its fine.
Again I insist that it is a normal phenomenon.
Dr. Srikanth Reddy