Vomiting, diarrhea, pain and chills. On omeprazole for heartburn. What could be causing this?

I have random bouts of vomiting, diarrhea, pain, chills, trembling, always in the evening hours. From onset to relief is usually about 2 hours. First attack was 4 years ago, 2, a month apart. Then once a year. Now I have had one 5 weeks ago and one last night. The vomiting is minimal, but dry heaves and diarrhea. The diarrhea is not black, but like brown water with bits of food in it. I have been taking omeprazole for 10 years for gall bladder/heartburn. 1 pill, every morning.
Posted Tue, 19 Nov 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Malabsorption, pancreas and/or gall bladder concern

Detailed Answer:

Diarrhea with bits of food in it shows for malabsorption.

One factor might be related to problems of pancreas.

Another factor could be gall bladder not functioning properly.

So, if I were your caring doctor, would ask for abdominal echo (with attention paid to gall bladder and bile ducts) and ask for blood lipase levels together with GGT and ALP levels.

I would also recommend to exam the feces for ova/parasites, candida and/or bacteria infection (culture).

At the end, I'd suggest to continue taking omeprazole and do the above-mentioned tests.

p.s. if you have other problems, please write back to me.