Vomited after taking medicine for chlamydia. Will the medication work?

Question
I just took tables for chlamydia and about 2hrs later I vomite just a little will the tables still work
Posted Sun, 22 Apr 2012 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 28 minutes later

Thank you for the query.

I would be able to provide you with a better answer if you could kindly mention the name of the medicine/tablet which you took for Chlamydia infection. Do also mention the duration and frequency of medication.

Awaiting your response.

Dr. Mohammed Tauseef.

Follow-up: Vomited after taking medicine for chlamydia. Will the medication work? 2 hours later
Hi the tables are Zithromax

Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 15 hours later

Thank you for writing back to me.

Zithromax is an antibiotic whose active drug component is Azithromycin. The drug is known to produce vomiting and there is nothing that you actually need to worry about. As you vomited after 2 hours, the drug would have been absorbed by then and you can be rest assured that it’s been absorbed by then.
I would also strongly advise you to take azithromycin for the full prescribed length of time as advised by your doctor and your symptoms may improve before the infection is completely cleared. It is also important that you follow up regularly with your physician.
I hope this answers your query. Please accept my answer if you have no follow-up queries.

Wish you Good Health.

Dr. Mohammed Tauseef.