Visible but not painful throbbing and pulsing in wrist.Concern?

Hello, For a few weeks I have had a pulsating or throbbing in my wrist (on and off) ... It is not painful but visible and strange. Is there reason for concern? Thanks, XXXXXXX
Posted Tue, 1 May 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 5 hours later
Hello and thanks for the query.

What I think is going on is that you are having fasciciulations or spasms in the small muscles of your forearm which are close to your wrist.

This can happen due to mild stress or fatigue of the muscles in that area. I do not see any immediate or urgent concern here. I would recommend that you try a course of anti-inflammatory medication in the form of ibuprofen 600 mg three times per day for the next 10 days.

I am confident that this is a temporary issue which should slowly resolve over time.

If the symptoms persist or worsen significantly I would make an appointment with your doctor for a consultation.

Thanks again for the query. I hope my response has been helpful. If you have additional concerns I would be happy to address them.

Dr. Galamaga