Violent attack while sleep. Should I consult a doctor?

Last night my husband began punching me-only twice because I yelled and woke him up. This happened one other tme. Should he see a doctor?
Posted Sun, 1 Dec 2013 in Sleep Disorders
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 3 minutes later
Brief Answer: Observe him for some more time. Detailed Answer: Hi, Two episodes of violent attack should not be bothersome. Keep a watch on his behaviour while he is awake and record the details. They may help you in future during regular consultations. Weird dreams could have caused this. Console your husband and support him. Take a regular appointment with the doctor if he does not behave well during day as well.