Vibration in abdomen, burning, Done urethrography. Which anti-inflammatory to take? Surgery needed?

I have an inflammetion (urethra/prostate) and I feel a strange symptom like an intermittent vibration in the low abdomen on the right.

(sorry if my english is not perfect)

men: 41
weight: 81

I had a suspect prostatits 15 years ago then several inflammations even though not so intense.
Urination twice per night or in any case every 3 hours.
In 2007 I ran a retrograde urethrographya and the result has been:
emphasized compression of the prostate urethra by external glandular
reduced extension of the neck of the bladder
uroflussometry: XXXXXXX flow 10 ml/s, avg 5.8 ml/s

I didn't have any inflammation in the last 2 years but now since 3 weeks I feel burning all the day (urethra/bladder),
no particularly intense but uniform and I feel a stange new symptom , an intermittent vibration every 2 seconds (nerve or muscle?) on the left lower abdomen.

I'm very worry on this new simptom (vibration).
What to take as antinflammatory
Do i have to consider a surgical operation ?

Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 3 hours later

Your symptoms do indicate inflammation in the urinary tract which can be confirmed by a detailed examination and also you need to be reinvestigated. Do get yourself a urine examination and an ultrasound of abdomen and pelvis these tests can give us more information on the exact cause.

Till the investigations are available you can take antiinflammatory medications like Brufen or Naproxen the dosage of which would be best decided by your treating doctor.

The pathology of the condition has to be well understood only then the treatment option can be determined.Do get the above tests done and present me the reports so that I can help you better.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.

Follow-up: Vibration in abdomen, burning, Done urethrography. Which anti-inflammatory to take? Surgery needed? 1 hour later
Thanks for you answer.
Is this vibration, like a phone ringtone, something that sounds you familiar ?
What could it be?
thanks XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 10 hours later
Thanks for the follow up.

All these abnormal sensations you are experiencing are probably due to some nerve stimulation.

However, they can also result from stone or any other obstructive lesion in the ureter; hence, an ultrasound is must.