Viagra or manforce can cause any harm? Exercises to sustain erection?

Infertility Specialist
Question
is there any harm to take a medicine available in market like viyagra, manforce etc for harder erection. is there any excercise to maintain sustanable errection .
Posted Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in Erectile Dysfunction

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 3 hours later

The tablets you are asking about are preparations containing a drug called "Sildenafil citrate". Let me explain about this drug in detail.

Sildenafil citrate, sold as Viagra, manforce and under various other trade names, is a drug used to treat erectile dysfunction (Problems with erection of penis). The tablets are available in dosages 25mg, 50mg and 100 mg.

Adverse effects:
The most common adverse effects of sildenafil use included headache, flushing, dyspepsia, nasal congestion and impaired vision, including photophobia and blurred vision.

Contraindications include:

-When taking nitric oxide donors, organic nitrites and nitrates, such as glyceryl trinitrate (nitroglycerin), sodium nitroprusside, amyl nitrite ("poppers").
-In men for whom sexual intercourse is inadvisable due to cardiovascular risk factors
-Severe hepatic impairment (decreased liver function)
-Severe impairment in renal function
-Hypotension (low blood pressure)
-Recent stroke or heart attack
-Hereditary degenerative retinal disorders (including genetic disorders of retinal phosphodiesterases)

Hence the tablets are not advisable to take without proper history and examination of you. So please consult a physician before taking drug.

Tips to maintain erection:
-Healthy diet
-Stop smoking and drinking
-Consult a sex therapist to learn more about prolonging intercourse by foreplay etc.
-Yoga & Meditation.
-Regular aerobic exercises and morning walk.

I hope I answered your queries. Please accept my answer if no more queries.

Dr.Mahesh Koregol