Vein on leg got burst. Having bruise and shivers. What can be done?

Dermatologist
Question
MY MAIN VEIN IN MY LEG BURST ON THURSDAY NIGHT AND HAS LEFT ME WITH A LARGE PURPLE BRUISE LIKE PATCH ON MY LEG . I HAVE FELT POORLY SCINCE KEEP GETTING SHIVERS . AT FIRST THERE WAS ARED LINE RUNNING UP MY LEG. STILL IN PAIN WITH THIS. BEEN TO GP SHE SAID ITS NOTHING. IM NOT SO SURE
Posted Sat, 6 Apr 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 9 minutes later
Hello XXXXXXX
The bruise is not a matter of concern, it will heal on its own, but you mentioned a red line along your leg and shiver.
This indicates lymphangitis, that is infection of lymphatics. Shivering is also associated with infection somewhere in body, usually there is fever also.
In my view you need treatment with antibiotics. Please XXXXXXX a dermatologist and get the prescription. There are chances that this infection may become severe so please dont neglect.
Let me know if you have any other doubts
thank you

Follow-up: Vein on leg got burst. Having bruise and shivers. What can be done? 47 hours later
also now have presure pain in base of head and in neck when I move around and several other capileries havs burst in my other leg. I have been doc she dismissed me in seconds.

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 3 minutes later
Hello XXXXXXX ,
I would like to see a photograph of the lesion, then only I can give you a closer diagnosis and probably can suggest you treatment.
Please upload a few photographs.
Thank you