Vein in hand keeps twitching and pulsating. Reason?

A vein in my hand and ankle keep twitching and pulsing....I can feel and see it.
Posted Wed, 13 Nov 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
arterial pulsations, normal

Detailed Answer:
Hi, thanks for using XXXXXXX

Our body contains arteries and veins distributed throughout the body. The pulsations you are feeling are arteries. Usually you can feel arteries at wrist, dorsum of foot.

Rarely if there is direct communication between artery and veins or in any heart problem then you can feel pulsation in veins. But there will be associated problem in these conditions.

So feeling and seeing pulse is normal phenomenon. No need to worry for it. I will be concerned if you have any associated problem like change in skin color, severe pain, ulcer in extremities, chest pain, breathlessness. If no symptoms then no need to worry.

I hope this information is both informative and helpful to you.

Feel free to ask if any related query and I will be glad to answer them.

Wish you good health.