Variation in flow pattern. Had unprotected sex. Am I pregnant?

i got my periods on 2nd april and last month got the same on 12th march. it started with some brownish discharge on 1st april and now its red blood discharge but not many clots as normal menses. i had unprotected sex between 24-28th march. i normally get periods 2 days earlier with out any cramps but this time i had cramps for a day and periods started too early. am i pregnant. the bleeding is yet on its 2nd day now. So am i pregnant or have some kind of infection due to sex
Posted Tue, 23 Apr 2013 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 22 minutes later

As you had your periods and that too on time, I do not see any possibility for pregnancy.

Some variation in flow or pattern could be due to many reasons like stress, some tablets taken, some illness etc.

Apart from this you had unprotected act in later of your cycle, at that time chances of pregnancy are low.

You should wait for couple of days; I think you will have normal periods.

Infection is unlikely as signs of infection include pain in abdomen, fever etc. which are not there.

In case you are unmarried please avoid unprotected act, apart from pregnancy there are many other risk factors.

I hope this helps. Please feel free to write again if you something more to ask.

Follow-up: Variation in flow pattern. Had unprotected sex. Am I pregnant? 8 minutes later
HI Dr Pragnesh

Thanks for the answer.
Just to let you know i got my period early ie on 2nd april which was due on 10-12th april. read some where that implantation bleeding is possible but i guess that is just spotting not like bleeding i have using 1-2 pads a day. then too should i get the pregnancy test done after my periods get over? if yes then by when. Just to put down again
Period in March - 12th
Unprotected sex - 24-28th march
Early but less type period - 2th april - was expected on 10-12th april

Should i also wait and see how may days this period last and then ask you further
please help
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 11 hours later

Welcome Again.

This does not seems to be implantation bleeding. There could be reason for early period like some hormonal imbalance, stress, some tablets taken for something etc.

As you have not missed your period, pregnancy is very unlikely. Normally after missing period one can go for pregnancy test after about 1-5 days.

Having period rules out pregnancy.

The best thing is to wait. I think this is your normal period only.

In case the bleeding lasts longer then expected, you have some pain in abdomen, fever etc. you may need to visit your local gynecologist for examination and advice.