Using unwanted kit. Prescribed mifepristone and misoprostol. Safe?

Doctor I am using the unwanted kit from mankind . The doctor prescribed me to take 1 mifepristone tablet and after 1 day to take all 4 misoprostol (200mcg) tablets. Is it safe??
Posted Fri, 16 Aug 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 22 minutes later

I am not sure what are you prescribed with Mifepristone and misoprostol for? This is generally prescribed for abortion also called medical termination of pregnancy.

If you are using Unwanted kit to prevent pregnancy I do not think you can be pregnant. First I suggest you to confirm pregnancy with Urine pregnancy test with early morning urine sample.

If it is positive then you should get an Ultrasound scan and if confirmed you use the abortion pill. Also this works if the pregnancy is less than 7 weeks of pregnancy. Else it is not good to take it.

The 4 tablets of Misoprostol is given to bring out the left over product of pregnancy.

Hope this clears the confusion.