Using skin lite creme. What are the side effect of this medicine?

Hi i am XXXXXX hear Doctor presently i am using skin lite creme from the past 10 months. Before my skin was so dark and had lot of pimples in the face but after using skin lite creme i my skin tone has changed a lot.
But now only i came to know that in this skin lite creme have lot of side effects, can u please suggest me some creme to my face to keep my fairness as of now because my marriage is fixed on next month.
Posted Thu, 2 May 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 29 minutes later
Thanks for writing in.
The Skin lite cream contains mometasone which is very potent steroid .It can cause permanant damage to facial skin if used for long periods.
Now that you have used the cream for 10 months if you stop using it suddenly your skin can go to previous state.
Now you should taper the use slowly.
Apply now only for 1 hour at night time and wash it away after 1 hour.
After a week or So you can apply it on alternate nights.
In this way you can taper it slowly and stop.
For pimples you can use FACECLIN gel daily twice over the face .
Considering your marriage is due next month stopping the cream would not be a good option.Continue using skinlite till marriage then you can slowly taper it and stop it.
Till the time use good sunscreen like Suncote gel during day time and apply Melaglow cream at night over dark areas.
Hope this helps.
I would be available for follow up.
Follow-up: Using skin lite creme. What are the side effect of this medicine? 1 hour later
Doctor if i use the skin lite creme again will it cause any side effect because i was using it for long time what type of side effects i will be getting. U have suggested me FACECLIN gel for pimples how to apply this and when, where do i get this FACECLIN gel. Doctor if i get a pimple it becomes a black spot in the face and i have lot of poles in the face, u have suggested Suncote gel for day time and Melaglow cream at night how do i apply this and where do i get the cremes.
Using this gel and creams do i get any side effects.

Doctor before using skin lite creme my face color was brown but my inner body color was white,and after using the skin lite creme my face color has become equal to my body color. I want to maintain the same color as now which i got after using skin lite creme is it possible to maintain the same color as now.

I am 26 now but my face looks like 32 because of the pimples and poles in the face my huddy is elder than me but he looks younger than me i look so elder than him, now my weight is 68kg before 6 months i was 56kg i take the same diet as of now and before 6 months but my weight is increasing very much i want to reduce my weight as soon as possible before my marriage i look so bubbly and in the chick potion i have lot of flush after Putin weight, i want to reduce that flush in the chick portion also so please suggest me some immediate remedies which can give me back my shape before my marriage.

Doctor Please kindly help me out from the problems which i am facing and give me a immediate remedy which will help me out to loose my weight before marriage.
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 10 hours later
HI again,
Faceclin gel and Melaglow gel is available at medical stores .Apply Faceclin gel on whole face during day and Melaglow cream at night over whole face.

You can continue the Skinlite cream on dark areas at night for 1 hour then wash it off.After marriage is over you can gradually stop the cream.
For the weight issue avoid rice in diet.Limit the dinner to one roti/chapati.
Replace the night meal with salads.Drink 1 litre water every morning.
Drinking water before meals will reduce the meal content and improve the skin tone also reduce the weight.Regular exercise,fruit and vegetable intake ,water consumption will help you a lot.
Hope this helps.