Using kitafung soap and HHzole cream for treating infection but still no cure. Suggest?

Now I am using kitafung soap and HHzole cream to my skin as per the Dermatologist. But still I am facing same problem, what you would suggest me. Please help me to overcome from this situation
Posted Tue, 15 Oct 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. R.G. Joshi 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Oral anti fungal drugs will work.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing to health care magic.

Thanks for sending a detailed history .

Fungal problems are quite common now days.

Most of them recover well ,but in some cases relapses are common.

Aim for treatment for fungal infection is to kill and remove the fungus completely.

Oral antifungals will work in a much better way.

Creams like HHzole contain steroid and they will only treat the symptoms and not the disease.

It will be better to stop the cream.

A relapse will occur after the stoppage but you need not to worry much about it.You need to take anti allergy drugs like cetrizine for controlling itching.

Continue with kitafung soap.I usually prescribe terbinafine to patients who walk to my outdoor with fungal infections.It works well and also avoid relapses.Since it is a prescription drug you need to consult your doctor for taking this drug.

Dusting the affected area with antifungal powder like candid will give soothing effect.

Avoid wearing tight clothes.Use loose cotton undergarments.

I hope this will solve your query.In case you have any concerns I will be happy to help you.

Follow-up: Using kitafung soap and HHzole cream for treating infection but still no cure. Suggest? 15 hours later
Is their is necessary to ask about the drugs you prescribed to the doctor. As I am a person who does not like to wait for a long time, I need to wait for a long queue for the doctor which I visits. Please suggest me in this regards
Answered by Dr. R.G. Joshi 28 hours later
Brief Answer:
Consulting your doctor will be better.

Detailed Answer:
Hi,Thanks for follow up.

Terbinafne is a new generation antifungal drug and it is safe.

But it is always better to take under the guidance of doctor.

Duration and dosage has to be decided by examination of patient.

You can continue with anti fungal powder like candid.

Hope this will help you.Take care.
Follow-up: Using kitafung soap and HHzole cream for treating infection but still no cure. Suggest? 34 minutes later
Hi thanks for taking time and answering my question, one last question regarding this, I just want to know whether you can suggest me any type of cream so that if I get Itching problem, I can apply.

Answered by Dr. R.G. Joshi 5 minutes later
Brief Answer:
onabet cream with cetrizine tablets.

Detailed Answer:

Many antifungal creams are available in market.

I will recommend you to try onabet cream .

It is quite effective in treating fungal infection.

Apply it at night time and continue with dusting powder at day time.

You can also take tab.cetrizine for itching.

You can purchase them directly from counters.