Using Vaseline, unable to concieve. Can vaseline be the cause?

last 5 month i m using Vaseline i did not conceived could be the reason Vaseline i wanted to con sieve now last 2 month i did not used vasline still i am not pregnant what to do now
Posted Sun, 22 Sep 2013 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Deepti Goyal 41 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Decreases sperm motility

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX shukla35

Thanks for asking on XXXXXXX

Use of any petroleum jelly like vaseline for vaginal lubrication can decrease the sperm motiliy and hence, can decrease the probability of conception.

As you have tried for only 2 months, I will suggest you to try for at least 6 months before undertaking any infertility investigations. You should take tablets of folic acid daily even in your pre-conceptional period.

Try in your fertile period. For this you can take the help of menstrual calender or ovulation kits. Think positive as more than 80% couples conceive within a year of unprotected intercourse.

Good Luck
Hope this information is helpful and informative.
If you have further queries you can directly reach out to me on the following URL:
Follow-up: Using Vaseline, unable to concieve. Can vaseline be the cause? 11 minutes later
can u tell me the folic acid tablets .so it will help me to get pregnant.can i use these tablets daily basis how can i calculate my menturation calender and how it will work
Answered by Dr. Deepti Goyal 4 days later
Brief Answer:
Apologies for the late reply...

Detailed Answer:
You can take Tablet Folvite 5mg once a day.

Menstrual calender is helpful only if you have regular periods. If your period is regular, you can note your next expected period. 12 - 16 days prior to next expected period would be the day of ovulation and those are your fertile days. Repeated trials during fertile days are fruitful.

Hope this helps.