Using Psorafuse, hhsone and elidel for hand but on fingers its not recovering. Cause?

Question
using some medicines for applying at hand
But on fingers its not recovering. May I know the reasons and what todo here
Posted Sat, 21 Sep 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
Hard areas

Detailed Answer:

Would like to have certain details after looking at the picture.

What are the various medicines that you are using now? Do you have confirmed diagnosis of leprosy with lab test?

There are certain hard areas while recovery from pigmentation caused by leprosy. Sometimes the last patches are slow to recover.

Let me know further details.

Follow-up: Using Psorafuse, hhsone and elidel for hand but on fingers its not recovering. Cause? 51 minutes later
i am using some medicines for applying at hand now are
Psorafuse.
hhsone cream
Elidel.
Buit hands are not recovering, it nakes me more tensed for it.
Can you please guide properly
Thanks.

Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 41 hours later
Brief Answer:
Nail bed and skin over it is hard to treat

Detailed Answer:

I had gone through the details. The treatment appears to be standard. I could hear that skin over the nail bed is hard to get back to the original color than the other areas. It does not mean it would not be cured it will but takes a larger that means two to three times more than the other areas.

Do not worry if you are in a hurry for cosmetic purposes you can see a Dermatosurgeon for melanocyte transfer or graft. Camouflaging is first preferred to other procedures. The details can be known better by Dermatosurgeon.

I had few such patients and heard from them that it was suggested by Dermatosurgeon.

Follow-up: Using Psorafuse, hhsone and elidel for hand but on fingers its not recovering. Cause? 20 hours later
What is Dermatosurgeon.
What to do from my side.

Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Visit a Dermatosurgeon in your area

Detailed Answer:

Dermatosurgeon is experienced to do the melanocyte transfer to the area where they implant the cells and let them grow in the area to get back the pigment.

You should consult one. Are you in Bangalore? You can consult, Dr XXXXXXX Ramachander / Dr Venkataramana M.

You can fix with their appointment using 'Fix An Appointment' service available for free.

Follow-up: Using Psorafuse, hhsone and elidel for hand but on fingers its not recovering. Cause? 4 minutes later
Thanks!
I am at gurgaon.
Can you guide accordingly.

Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Dr XXXXXXX XXXXXXX in Gurgaon

Detailed Answer:
You can consult Dr XXXXXXX XXXXXXX in Fortis and he has own clinic as well. You can find them in the local yellow pages.

Thank you